welcome to the world

Wait, haven't I been here before? No? They call this the 'real world' for some reason, like it's all been fun and games up to this point, but now we're in for some SERIOUS business!

Jill's grad show was nuts. That was a LOT of people, fortunately some of them were old friends and family we hadn't seen in awhile. It was a good time, but I can say I've had my fill of downtown TO life for awhile.

Thanks to my buggered up wrists, I doubt I'll be able to finish my sci/tech illustration degree this Fall, but it won't stop me from being an artist *dramatic stance w/ lens flare*. Basically my ability to use a computer is severely reduced, but I never really liked those newfandangled things anyhow. I'm going back to the old, slow, no undo button way of working for everything but I don't mind all that much. The biggest trouble is the translation to digital - figuring out the specifics of preserving traditional quality once it's transferred to digital.

Right now we're finishing up the lotus ink studio website (coming very very soon!) and working on the first wave of promotional material (buttons, mailers, stickers, etc.). The biggest battle is getting our name out into a competitive market, and it's slow and sometimes intimidating, but that's the REAL WORLD!

Jill and I are both working on new stories for the second Chaos book (graphic novel anthology I think they call it), which will feature many peers (some from the first book like Jill, and some new recruits like myself) and a few special guests this time. I'm not giving anything away, but it's a safe bet to assume there will be fungus of some kind in my piece.

I think I'll leave it here for today, lots more to come soon though.

Z out

1 Response on "welcome to the world"

  1. Scott says:

    Real what? Good luck kickin the art industry's collective butt ;)

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO RSS